For the second year running, the music festival ‘Liepāja Summer’, organised by Liepāja Symphony Orchestra, will take place not only in Liepāja but also at Rundāle Palace and garden where on 10 August five music events will delight visitors as part of the festival:
- ‘Chamber Music for Cello with Ivars Bezprozvanovs’ at 16:00 in the White Hall
Soloists – Ivars Bezprozvanovs (cello) and Rihards Plešnakovs (piano)
Compositions by J. Ķepītis, P. Plakidis and S. Rachmaninov
- ‘The Golden Sounds of French Horns of Liepāja’ at 17:30 in the White Hall
The French horn quartet of Liepāja – Ingus Novicāns, Aivars Vadonis, Mārcis Auziņš and Edgars Kalniņš
Compositions by E. Bozza, W. A. Mozart, J. M. Molter, G. Bizet, J. Brahms, G. Verdi, E. Morricone and E. Shaw
- Pre-concert talk ‘The Muse and Monarch’ at 18:30 in the Gold Hall
With musicologist Orests Silabriedis and guests
- Concert by Liepāja Symphony Orchestra ‘The Fresh Mornings of Romanticism’ at 20:00 in the White Hall
Soloists – Dārta Tīsenkopfa (harp) and Anna Gāgane (clarinet), performed by Liepāja Symphony Orchestra, conductor Andris Veismanis
Compositions by F. Mendelssohn Bartholdy, C. Debussy, W. A. Mozart and C. M. von Weber
- ‘The Sounds of Baroque in a Nocturnal Rose Garden’ at 22:00 on the Palace’s balcony
Soloists Leons Veldre (cello), Dārta Tīsenkopfa (harp), Ilze Zariņa (violin), Baiba Lasmane (violin).
Compositions by J. S. Bach, D. Scarlatti, J. Brahms, V. Mortari, J. M. Leclair and A. Corelli.
On this day museum be open untill 20:00 (tickets shall be available until 19.30).
During the festival access to staterooms for festivities will be limited.